- Make the playoffs in back to back seasons for the first time since 06-07.
- Win 12 or more games in back to back seasons for the first time since 93-95.
- Win the NFC East in back to back seasons for the first time since 94-95.
- Win a road playoff game for the first time in 30 seasons.
We made 3 of those 4 benchmarks- back to back playoff and 12 win seasons-check and check. We did win a road playoff game- check. That was not only encouraging, it showed that this team was capable of building some organizational momentum. And despite the fact we were not able to win a divisional playoff game for the 5th straight time, there is certainly cause for optimism these days.
Now, as we head into the 2023 season, the Cowboys are poised to possibly make some more positive history. Here are the questions for history going into the upcoming season:
- Will the Cowboys make the playoffs for the 3rd straight season for the first time since 94-96? (By the way, the Cowboys record for consecutive playoff seasons is a whopping nine seasons- 1975-83. That may never be beat)
- Will the Cowboys win a playoff game in back to back seasons for the first time since 1995-96? (The Cowboys record in consecutive playoff win seasons is 6 straight seasons- 1991-96)
- Will the Cowboys finally win a divisional playoff game for the first time since 1995?
- Will the Cowboys appear in a SB for the first time in 28 years?
IMO, if we can hit the first 3 of those 4 benchmarks, we will have had a great season. Hitting all 4 would truly be historic.