Subs on Reddit have been trying to predict it.
Wait no further. C-Money’s top 10 Qbs of 2022 rankings are here!!!
1. Patrick Mahomes. I am not a huge Mahomes fan but you can’t deny his talent. He is the best in the game right now and was in 2022 by some margin.
2. Josh Allen. No big surprise here. Josh had a great year. Played through a tough injury and is asked to do more for his team than most other QBs.
3. Joe Burrow. He has the best WR core in the league. He has great running backs behind him and with the upgraded line he improved. To me, there is a clear step down after Mahomes but not in this group.
4. Jalen Hurts. I’m not a big fan of running QBs. They tend to burn bright. Hurts also benefitted from the best offensive line in the league to great WRs. A top-tier TE and a strong defense backing him. But the dude balled out in 22 and was a legitimate MVP candidate.
5. Justin Herbert. I’ve gone back and forth on this one for a while now and for my official ranking, I’m going to give a slight nod to Justin Herbert over my number 6 QB. He edges him out in QBR, passer rating, and had fewer ints with more games played.
6. Dak Prescott. Prescott overcame a lot this year. He lost his LT before the season started, had surgery on his throwing hand during the season, came back, and brought this offense back to life. Once back, he lost his RT, Center was hurt, etc. etc. He was tied for the league lead in INTs this year and that hurt his overall ranking here but he is clearly in the top tier of NFL QBs.
7. Jared Goff. The dude showed up and out this year. 5th in QBR. 7th in Passer rating. Lost his TE to a trade mid-season. Had a historically bad defense in the first half of the year. His number 1 target was in and out of the lineup all year. Running back was hurt. He is right there.
8. Lamar Jackson. Again, not a big fan of running QBs but like Allen, he does the a ton for his team.
9. Tua. He could be higher but I think a lot of his success was smoke and mirrors that the league caught on to. He still played well in 2022 and deserves to be in the top ten. #3 in QBR. #1 in rating.
10. Trevor Lawrence. I’m going to give him the nod over Geno and a couple of others here at the 10 spot. One could argue he had the worst supporting cast of any QB in my top 10. True #1 WR? No. Elite Oline? No. Great TE? Nope? and he played like it at points in the year. But a soft schedule, an emerging defense, and good coaching helped get him in the top ten.
On the cusp: Geno, Stafford, Cousins, Jones.
Well, there you have it. My next ranking will be prior to the season starting.