POINT DIFFERENTIAL is one of the most accurate ways to determine teams that have a legitimate shot to win a Super Bowl. In fact in the last 9 seasons, 8 SB winners finished in the top 6 in point differential stats.
Here’s what I mean- 8 of the last 9 winners since 2013 all were in the top 6 in point differential:
- 2021- SB champ-Rams finished 6th in point differential.
- 2020 SB champ- Bucs finished 4th in PD.
- 2019 SB champ- the chiefs finished 4th in PD.
- 2018 SB champ- the Patriots finished 5th in PD.
- 2017 SB champ– the eaglets finished 1st in PD.
- 2016 SB champ– the Patriots finished 1st in PD.
- 2015 SB champ- the Broncos finished 10th in PD (the outlier of all these champs)
- 2014- SB champ: the Patriots finished 1st in PD.
- 2013 SB champ- the Seahawks finished 2nd in PD.
Here are the current TOP 6 in Point Differential through 10 games:
- Buffalo- +107
- Dallas- +84
- Filly- +80
- Kansas City- +67
- Cincy- +50
- Baltimore- +49
Recent history is clear- The Cowboys are currently among the teams with the best shot to win a SB. Lots of football left to play, but we are in a good position.
Discuss this on CowboysZone (56 comments)