I did this the last few years.
It pretty much delivers the league MVP every year.
Don’t get too worked up over this. Just data.
Combine and average the QBs’ rank of the following two categories and tally.
- Differential: Total TDs (Passing/Rushing TDs ) – Total Turnovers ….This reduces bus-driving a little bit
- Standard NFL Passer Rating
This is where we stand after 15 weeks (14 games)
3-way tie at the top
- Mahomes (tied 1st, MVP candidate)
- Hurts (tied 1st, MVP candidate)
- Tagovailoa (tied 1st (MVP candidate?)
- Burrow (almost caught up to the top 4)
- G Smith (career year, by far)
- Allen (closing the gap)
- Garoppolo ( out for year, may remove him soon)
- Lawrence (keeps rising
- Cousins (also rising)
- Dalton (hard to believe, but there he is)
- Carr …the next 8 QBs are all bunched together
- Rodgers (historically low for him)
- PRESCOTT (tied 18th)
- Fields (tied 18th)
- D Jones
- Mariotta (benched)
- R Wilson
- Stafford (out for season)
- M Jones
- Z Wilson
Players not included due to not of enough games played:
Darnold, Purdy, White, K Allen, Huntley, Rypien, Trubisky, Watson, McCoy.
Here are the prior week’s results