Great chart here from Cowboys beat writer Jon Machota showing where Micah Parsons lined up for every snap this season, including the playoff game against TB. Some things that jump out to me:
- Parsons lined up as a DLineman 802 of his 996 snaps, which is over 80% of the time.
- Interesting stat- in games where Micah lined up as a LB with 20 or more snaps, we are 1-3.
- In the GB loss, Micah played LB for 47 snaps, the most he had at LB all year. Not only did we lose, we gave up 207 yds rushing.
- He’s got to be the only LB in the NFL with 8 snaps as a Corner.
- Against Tampa, he had 64 snaps at DL, his most of the season, and he had an excellent game.
- Based on these stats and what SF does in the running game, I expect MP to line up 80-90% on the DL.
It will be very interesting to see what Quinn does with #11 Sunday. It seems pretty clear based on this chart- the team is most effective when he lines up as a DL.