I have done this for the last few years.
It pretty much delivers the league MVP every year. That was mainly why I started it
Don’t get too worked up over this. Just data.
Combine and average the QBs’ rank of the following two categories and tally.
- Differential: Total TDs (Passing/Rushing TDs ) – Total Turnovers ….This reduces bus-driving a little bit
- Standard NFL Passer Rating
This is where we stand after 17weeks (16 games)
- Mahomes (AFC Pro Bowl…MVP front-runner?)
- Hurts (NFC Pro Bowl…MVP candidate, missing late season games may hurt)
- Burrow (AFC Pro Bowl…MVP candidate..has really turned it on)
- Tagovailoa (injuries hurt his chances)
- Allen (AFC Pro Bowl, maybe MVP candidate but long shot…imo)
- G Smith (NFC Pro Bowl….career year, by far)
- Goff (has had a very good year, prob deserves NFC Pro Bowl ahead of Cousins)
- Lawrence (tie 8th…few have played better in the last 7 weeks)
- Garoppolo tie 8 ( out for the year, but had a nice year before then)
- D Jones (you read that right, I was surprised too)
- Brady (climbing)
- Cousins (NFC Pro Bowl…two disaster games really hurt him)
- PRESCOTT (tie 13th)
- Herbert (tied 13th )….
- Rodgers (historically low for him)
- M Jones
- R Wilson (his worst season by far)
- Z Wilson
Players not included due to not of enough games played, etc:
Darnold, Purdy (would be 10th if we project, but cant do that), White, Stafford, Rush, K Allen, Huntley, Rypien, Trubisky, Watson, McCoy, Minshew and more…)
Probably should drop Jimmy G in here now but he was so high (and had 10 games) I thought I’d leave him in. Will drop final week
Here are the prior week‘s results