Attention Cowboys Front Office: History shows the best way to draft a QB is often.
The Cowboys should draft a QB at least every other year looking at every round. Good QBs are the absolute hardest to find which is why they are so overpaid. You never know when you will strike gold. Just thinking the good ones only happen in the first round is foolish. They happen in all rounds. Many of the greats were drafted in later rounds.
- Roger Staubach was drafted in the 10th round in 1964.
- HOFer Bart Starr of the packers was drafted in the 17th round.
- HOFER Brett Favre was drafted in the 2nd round.
- HOFer Joe Montana was taken in the 3rd round.
- Former NFL MVP Rich Gannon was drafted in round 4.
- HOFer Chiefs QB Len Dawson was drafted in the 5th round.
- The GOAT Tom Brady- 6th round.
All these greats either won SBs Or took teams to SBs.
Look at these great QBs drafted LATER in round 1:
- HOFer Dan Marino was drafted with the 27th pick.
- Future HOFer Aaron Rodgers was drafted 24th.
- Former ravens QB and SB MVP Joe Flacco was drafted 18th.
- Even Pat Mahomes was drafted 10th.
The Cowboys almost never draft a QB. History shows it’s a foolish practice.
Discuss this on CowboysZone (70 comments)