We have plenty of evidence now to assess this 2022 Cowboys team. I certainly hope the team continues to fight hard to improve. Lord knows they have a lot of areas to improve and if we want a deep playoff run, it usually happens with teams that have become hot late in the season.
So IMO, here are the team’s strengths and weaknesses so far starting with weaknesses:
- Having sluggish starts, especially on offense.
- Not much of a killer instinct as a team.
- Too many INTs from Dak; something he used to not do nearly as much.
- WRs running too many lazy, un-precise routes, causing some of the INTs.
- Vulnerable against the run, especially on the edges and against QBs who can run.
- Secondary has two of its best corners out for the season and their best corner has a banged up hand. Backup corners are suspect.
- OL is banged up with Terrance Steele out for the season.
- 80 yr old GM who never shuts up and undermines his coaches.
- 27 year old monkey on their backs.
- Micah Parsons, when healthy, best defensive player in NFL.
- Best pass rush in the league.
- Defense can force turnovers in bunches at times.
- Running game with Pollard and Zeke is solid.
- Pollard is a weapon that can break a huge play at any moment. Best weapon we have.
- When Dak runs and moves well in the pocket he’s at his best.
- Cedee Lamb can be outstanding in the slot, making it easier to get favorable matchups.
- Coach Mac has always been good at managing injuries as we saw earlier in season. He will need to do that again with latest rash of injuries.
- Team has confidence that it can win against anyone.
I’m sure I missed a bunch in both categories. What would you add?